Monday, January 27, 2014

Polar Panoramas



 Here are two of my three finished Polar Panoramas. I took about 15-20 pictures of my surroundings. I did this by standing in one place, taking a picture and then rotating a little bit so that there is about a 15% overlap. I ended up turning in a full 360 degree turn. I then used Adobe Camera Raw to edit and brighten my pictures and after that I compiled them into a Panoramic image using Adobe Photo Shop. The next step I took was resizing my panorama so that it was 5,000 by 5,000 pixels. After it was resized I rotated it 180 degrees so that it was upside down. Apply the Polar Coordinates Filter to your image to make it a "world". Next, I used the blur, smudge and stamp tools to clean up any seams to make my world look nice and smooth all the way around! Finally, I feathered my image to clean up the edges and copied and pasted it into a new page where I gave it either a black or white background.

How I added a picture of me into my world was pretty easy. First, I had a friend take a picture looking down on me (my friend stood on a chair and tilted the camera downward). After, I edited the picture of me in Adobe Camera Raw. Then, I used the Quick Selection Tool in Photo Shop. With the tool, I outlined my entire body and deleted everything else so that it was just me in the picture. I then cleaned up the boarder of my body by smoothing it out so I didn't look rigid. I was then left with a smooth cut out picture of me! I made the cut out bigger and placed it on my finished world!  

12 comments:

  1. Nice job on your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose to be present in your blog. They really match your polar and spherical panoramas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your font is so fancy and nice and I like your polar and spherical panoramas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you Charlotte, I'm glad your like my font :)

      Delete
  4. Your panos look really nice! It looks like you're really standing on top of the pano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! I love your blog, it's so cute!

      Delete
  5. Howdy, to you too sir. I love how much your blog really reminds me of you, I feel that it really expresses who you are and your cuteness. I also love your panoramas, they cutesy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, aren't you just the fanciest! Thank you, I'm glad you think my blog expresses me, that's very kind. Have a happy day :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your blog, Tiger, it's so cute! I especially like your Polar Panoramas and cut-out image! The sunset is a great addition to your panos. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lele, I'm so happy you like my blog! I love your blog, it's so cute AND professional at the same time!

      Delete